Oh, makeup brushes. I use you everyday, but often neglect you when it comes to the washing department.
I’ll be the first to admit I’m a little lax in keeping my brushes as clean as I should. But unclean brushes can be a breeding ground for bacteria, and can spread that bacteria to your face.
Here’s how to show them some love:
- Run each brush under warm water, gently loosening any leftover makeup from the bristles.
- Squeeze a little shampoo in your hand and swirl the brush around in it, making sure you get in-between all the bristles.
- Thoroughly rinse the brush out until the water runs clear.
- Fluff the bristles and lay to dry on a clean towel overnight.
- In the morning, fluff the bristles out a bit and you’re done!
You really will feel a difference after washing your brushes – it’s like having new tools. Repeat the process about once a week to keep your makeup brushes in tip-top shape.